I have a bit of a granola addiction and this recipe is a favourite. It’s golden, it’s crunchy, it’s a bit tangy and best of all it’s packed full of goji berry goodness! What I love about making granola is you can use absolutely ANYTHING you like. Whatever nuts, seeds and dried fruits take your fancy.
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dessicated coconut (or you could use flakes)
1 cup mixed nuts of choice (I used macadamias & pecans)
½ cup mixed seeds of choice (I used pumpkin seeds & pepitas)
1 cup of dried fruit of choice (I used cranberries, blueberries and goji berries)
1 medium ripe banana mashed
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp nut butter (I used an organic peanut butter)
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
Juice of half a lemon juice
1 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat oven at 150 degrees celsius.
2. Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients (except for dried fruit) to the wet ingredients and mix until sticky and clumpy.
4. Spread onto a baking tray and toast in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes.
5. When golden brown and toasty, take the granola out of the oven and mix in the dried fruit.