Nothing beats a fresh summer salad and thanks to our favourite foodie, Bianca Dawson, here are a few of our favourites. Perfect for a light lunch or dinner or part of a BBQ buffet.
Quick & Easy Prawn Salad
- 500 grams of large cooked prawns
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- ½ cup mixed soft herbs – we used basil and dill
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Finely dice tomatoes, red onion and herbs. Place in a serving bowl with herbs, drizzle with oil and vinegar and season to taste. Toss the prawns through the mixture.
Fennel and Apple Salad
- 1 x Fennel bulb
- 1 x small Apple
- ¼ cup of roughly chopped Parsley
- 2 tablespoons of baby capers
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons White wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Finely slice fennel and apple using a sharp knife or mandolin. Add all ingredients to a bowl and season to taste. Perfect accompaniment to a piece of fish or chicken breast. Serves four as a side dish.