This is a great breakfast option, will keep you satisfied well into the morning post workout!
We love these because they are non-bake = minimal effort.
Makes around 16 bars
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 sunflower seeds
- 1 x ripe banana
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp honey (optional)
- 20 fresh pitted dates (you can use madjool, we just used normal dates from the supermarket)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder (or cocoa if you just can’
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 tbsp quinoa flakes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or goji berries
- In a food processor or high speed blender (this will work too) add in the almonds, walnuts, pepitas, shredded coconut, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and honey, then pulse a couple of times to roughly chop the ingredients. Place aside in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the dates & banana in the food processor or high speed blender, along with the coconut oil, cacao and vanilla essence. Blend the ingredients until you reach a smooth consistency. You may need to stop it a couple of times to scrape the sides, and add a little extra coconut oil (or water). We prefer to use water; it doesn’t need any additional coconut oil.
- Once you have reached a smooth consistency, add together in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Now also add in the quinoa flakes and cranberries, and mix it all together (get your hands in there – much easier than a spoon!)
- Once it is well combined, press the mixture firmly into a 11 x 7 inch baking pan and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes, cut them into bars, and place them in an air tight container (I like to store them in the fridge then too). They will keep for a week in the fridge.
Tie a cute ribbon around for an extra cute touch! x