Bored with carrot sticks and almonds? So are we! If the 4pm snack attack is getting the best of you, here are some treats that won’t tip that calorie count over the edge. All of these clock in at UNDER 100 calories per serving so you can keep the munchies under control without destroying your diet!
1. Homemade Apple Chips: One and a half large apples, sliced thinly drizzled with lemon juice and baked in the oven. Find recipe here http://bit.ly/1lFDgU8
2. Balsamic Strawberries and yoghurt: One small punnet of strawberries with a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and two heaped tablespoon of light Greek yoghurt
3. Soy Edamame: ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
4. Sweet Potato Chips: One medium sized sweet potato cut into chucky wedges and sprinkled with sea salt, pepper and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper or paprika
5. Vanilla and Banana Smoothie: ½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup non-fat vanilla yogurt and a handful of ice blended until smooth.
6. Homemade Mango sorbet: Blend one cup of frozen mango with a squeeze of lime, tablespoon of non-fat yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey.
7. Crumpet & honey: 1 crumpet with 1 teaspoon of honey
8. Olives: 10 x Kalamata Olives
9. Popcorn: 3 cups of natural air-popped popcorn sprinkled with sea salt and a little cinnamon
10. Chocolate covered strawberries: 5 strawberries dipped in three squares melted dark chocolate.