It’s yummy on it’s own but my favourite is hot out of the oven with a big dollop of ricotta cheese & a drizzle of honey on top.
400g ripe banana (approx. 3 ½ medium sized bananas)
6 free range / organic eggs
12 fresh pitted dates =
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
60 ml macadamia nut oil, coconut oil or cold pressed olive oil
half teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
70 g coconut flour
20 g chia seed
- Preheat your oven to 150 C. (fan forced) 170 C ( no fan)
- Combine banana, dates, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder into a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and combined.
- Add the coconut flour and chia seeds and mix through
- Rest for 10 minutes to allow the chia and coconut flour to expand.
- Lightly oil one loaf tin and then line with baking paper
- Spoon batter into the tin – at this stage you can decorate the bread with flaked coconut of sliced banana before baking.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes ( a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry). Cover the top with foil if over-browning.
Makes 1 loaf serves 12.
Recipe Cred – Teresa Cutter (the healthy chef)