These little gems are packed with goodness; probably more of a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack than breakfast. They are delicious but light enough just to stay in the snack category!
This below recipe makes about 12 really decent sized bars (more if you cut them into smaller squares)
- 1 cup LSA ( linseed, sunflower, almond meal)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk ( or milk of your choice)
- 2 mashed bananas
- 6 dates
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds ( optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- ¼ cut macadamias
- ½ cup self-raising flour. If you are prefer to keep them gluten free try 1/2 cup of coconut flour mixed with a ¼ cup of coconut flakes.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender/food processor. You want it to be the consistency of a thick cake batter, dependant on the size of the bananas you might find it ends up a bit wet, feel free to add a little additional flour/quinoa flakes until it becomes a bit thicker.
- In an 8 x8 spray pan dish pour mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Once it’s done, let it cool for 20 mins
- Cut into small square pieces/blocks.